Wednesday, June 27, 2007

blog drama

i spent about two hours on line today, reading the blogs of strangers, friends, used-to-be friends, semi friends. i have come to one conclusion; i am not as unhappy as i think i am. in fact, by comparison, i am freakin' pollyanna. the amount of angst that i have swallowed in the past couple hours is astounding. i don't know all that goes on in people's lives or hearts and i try to be empathetic but it's really hard not to post something like "get over it!" or "grow up!". in the past couple of years i have lost both my mother and my son and yet i am still happier than 100% of the people whose blog's i read today. that's slightly disturbing and yet, slightly reassuring.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Good girl. That's why I don't blog... I think it'd end up looking like my diary (you know, the one I actually write with a pen in) - the last couple years I seem to almost only write when I'm really mad. So, the entries are few and far between, but they do make me look like a crazy woman if that's all you knew of me. I better get Stacy to promise to just burn them if I die an untimely death. Maybe we can assume that's the case with your bloggers- it's a place to let it out of one's system, deal with it, and, maybe, move on? Works for me; I'm just not going to do it in a public forum.